Since 1975
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Home
  • Saudi Arabia says Dakar Rally accident investigation shows no criminal suspicions

Saudi Arabia says Dakar Rally accident investigation shows no criminal suspicions

Spain's driver Nani Roma and co-driver Alex Haro Bravo of France ride during the Stage 6 of the Dakar 2021 near Riyadh, on January 7. (AFP)
Spain's driver Nani Roma and co-driver Alex Haro Bravo of France ride during the Stage 6 of the Dakar 2021 near Riyadh, on January 7. (AFP)
Short Url:
08 Jan 2022 02:01:10 GMT9
08 Jan 2022 02:01:10 GMT9
  • Kingdom liaising with French authorities to share available evidence related to the accident
Arab News

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia and France are coordinating on the results of an investigation into an incident during the ongoing Dakar Rally, a Saudi Foreign Ministry statement said on Friday.

Preliminary findings of the investigaiton did not find any evidence of criminal suspicion in the accident, which left one French contestant injured last week, Saudi Press Agency reported.

The Kingdom is liaising with the concerned French authorities to share available evidence related to the accident, the ministry added in a statement.

The ministry also said, in cooperation with the rally organizers, it was keen to implement internationally approved safety and security standards in order to maintain the safety and security of all Dakar Rally participants, and wished the injured a speedy recovery.

topics
Most Popular
Recommended

return to top