Since 1975
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Home
  • Algerian boxing athlete sparks accidental fire at Olympic Village

Algerian boxing athlete sparks accidental fire at Olympic Village

According to both the fire department, and the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department the fire took place around 8:30 am and was hastily put out by the athlete, along with two others who shared the same room, using wet towels. (AFP)
According to both the fire department, and the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department the fire took place around 8:30 am and was hastily put out by the athlete, along with two others who shared the same room, using wet towels. (AFP)
Short Url:
11 Aug 2021 09:08:06 GMT9
11 Aug 2021 09:08:06 GMT9

Arab News Japan

On August 10, a fire broke out at the Olympic Village but was quickly extinguished after a female Algerian boxer attempted to break a jammed suitcase lock using a lighter, no injuries were reported.

According to both the fire department and the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, the fire took place around 8:30 am and was hastily put out by the athlete, along with two others who shared the same room, using wet towels.

The athlete was preparing to leave Japan following her participation in the Tokyo Olympics and accidentally dropped the hot lighter on a paper bag that caught fire. This caused the Tokyo Fire Department to rush to the scene after it burned part of the living room flooring.

topics
Most Popular
Recommended

return to top